As you heard from our conversation earlier today, Sara and Rocky have put together a pretty sweet work schedule as independent wedding photographers! It would be easy to think that an arrangement like this is perfect. But, as I know first hand from my time as a freelance social media consultant and designer, it’s not always that simple. To help us set the record straight, I asked Sara and Rocky to share their pros and cons list for working from home.
If you’ve ever thought about going out on your own, maybe this will help you in your decision.
Sara and Rocky’s Pros and Cons for Working from Home:
- Vacation on a Tuesday!
- Freedom to make appointments and meetings around life and not the other way around.
- Control the time you start and quit.
- Brunch with friends on a Thursday.
- Time with family.
- Holidays are really long and fun!
- Unlimited coffee.
- Cuddle breaks with your dog.
- Spending all day with your wife/husband.
- Getting motivated when the bed is 10 feet away.
- Always having something around the house to do.
- Separating business from personal life.
- Brunch on Tuesday with friends.
- We have to manage our time.
- We have to manage tasks/meetings.
- You are kind of always ON!
- The computer is always 10 feet away.
- The dog wants a cuddle break.
So, yeah… it’s not all bad but there are definitely some challenges too!!
Where do you stand with this? Are you the type of person that would work better at or away from home?