Note from Hilary… this post was originally published on HILARY INSPIRED in 2012 and has been updated for this blog.
Stephanie Casey has a smile that would brighten any room. But it’s not necessarily because of her flawless complexion, salsa red lips, or pearly white teeth as you would think. No, it’s deeper than that. The genuine brightness of spirit that she obviously applies to all areas of her life exudes from the inside out.
My kind of woman.
We met serendipitously while attending the Texas Style Council blogger conference in Austin this past Spring. My friend Erin and I happened on a short elevator chat and business card swap with Stephanie while on our way out of a party and then that was it.
Well, it didn’t take long to find an excuse to meet again. We grabbed cocktails and hors d’oeuvres with a few fellow conference attendees once back in Dallas and, not long after that, shared some wine and cheese at my house in Fort Worth. (there’s a common thread here, isn’t there?) As it turns out, Stephanie has an appreciation for culture, thrifted clothing, meaningful art, and the exciting platform of social media just like me! We connected on topics ranging from the Greek isles to whole foods and house plants. I had this suspicion that her house would be just as cool as she and, boy, is it ever!
Join me on my tour of her Dallas home…
A few more things about Stephanie that you might like to know…
- She was born and raised in Dallas.
- Studied film in New York and later worked in the industry in Los Angeles.
- Moved back to Dallas recently to pursue her own work as a freelance creative media producer.
- Is currently collaborating on a project called 5 x 6 Film.
- Has two cats named Jack and Petals.
- Writes the blog Those Tricks about thrifty style and fashion and another blog, Dallas Frugal Foodie, on affordable healthy eating.
Watch Stephanie in action as we walk through her Dallas home in this video below. (so, what do you think of video tours?)
A tour through the Dallas home of Stephanie Casey for Our Style Stories.